Samuels International Associates, Inc.
SIA is a diversified international consulting firm specializing in government relations, business, trade and investment matters. Much of our effort involves policies of the American and foreign governments, economic and political risk assessments, investment strategies, and negotiations on trade and investment liberalization.
• Providing tailored government relations services for corporations and foreign governments.
• Anticipating, influencing, and preparing for future government policies that might affect clients’ businesses.
• Promoting infrastructure projects in the United States, Asia and Africa by working with developers to develop and implement negotiating strategies.
• Facilitating the efforts of companies seeking to develop or expand global operations, including competitive analysis, and the development of market-entry strategies. Analytical support tools include data acquisition, modeling and forecasting.
SIA serves clients, both old and new, in ongoing relationships and in the face of acute crises. Advice includes strategic plans, economic, regulatory and political analyses of relevant developments in the U. S. and selected other countries, and action to solve identified problems.
• Removing specific barriers to a client’s business by developing and executing convincing cases to relevant government authorities. Our work includes analysis of the problems, supporting negotiations designed to resolve these problems using analytics and relationships, and comprehensive representation of clients' interests.
• Coordinating visits to Washington by senior company officials, heads of state or other senior country officials through preparatory meetings and liaison activities with federal and congressional authorities, preparing briefing papers, and coordinating public relations efforts.
• Monitoring and, at times, influencing, trade policy activities including the WTO, APEC, and ASEAN, as well as bilateral trade negotiations.
• Developing digital strategies for clients seeking to migrate towards internet-based solutions. Our work includes market analysis, partner assessments, and negotiation support.
SIA also monitors product-specific tariff and non-tariff barrier issues, works on customs-related matters, and works to attain or maintain GSP benefits.